Bonding Organized Disciples for YOU
Connecting and fostering partnerships with other community churches.
This team is similar to the C.A.N. team, but will focus its efforts on and with other Christian congregations and organizations in the community so that we can, together, serve and impact as the B.O.D.Y. of Christ [Ephesians 4:11-16] in our community. Where it is uncertain as to the Christian background or foundation of a place, the team will work with the C.A.N. team to figure out the best course of action and by whom.
Coordinate Involvement with Community Organizations, Leaders, and Churches
Meet with church leaders and leaders of other ministries in our community to assess the needs of the community. Further outreach and mission opportunities, interview and work with Christian organizations within the community, including, but not limited to:
- M.A.M. (helpherehelpnow.wix.com/newweb)
- LINC Houston (linchouston.org) [See below regarding the LINC Gala.]
- Lutheran Social Services of the South (www.upbring.org)
- Cornerstone Family Ministries (cfmhouston.org)
- The Faith Center and Food Pantry of First Baptist (houstonsfirst.org/find-help/food-clothing)
- The Life Center (www.lifecenterhouston.com)
Other Churches [again, not exhaustive, just a start]:
- Holy Cross Lutheran (www.holycross.us)
- Terrace United Methodist (terraceumc.org)
- Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Church & Shrine (www.walsingham-church.org)
- St. Andrew Kim Catholic Church (www.stakim.org – have fun at that website!)
- St. Peters United Church of Christ (www.stpetershouston.org)
Share its Findings and Information
Share with the D.A.T.A. team so all information will be kept and aligned in the best manner possible.
Determine if it’s Better to Partner or Cover Different Areas
Following assessments by this team, the team will help determine whether partnering with another ministry would best utilize our gifts and the community needs or if it is better to cover different needs for maximum effect. In all cases, however, the team will work to build and keep a positive, ongoing relationship with our fellow community brothers and sisters in the faith.
May 7, 2015, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
The Junior League of Houston
1811 Briar Oaks Ln.; Houston, TX 77027
To help build this relationship and get a feel for LINC and the ministry it does in Houston, and “to meet people who are as passionate about helping their community as you,” St. Mark has purchased a table (10 persons) for the Gala.
B.O.D.Y. team members and your spouses are invited and encouraged to attend. It will be a fun evening and Jennifer and I are looking forward to being there with you. If you and/or your spouse is unable, please let me know ASAP so those spaces can be filled by others.