Joining Jesus on His Mission by Reaching Out to Those in Brownsville, Texas
by Rita Schaller ✠ Member of the SML B.O.L.D. [“Building Outside our Local Domain”] Missions Team Our journey began when we were invited by Kevin Pieper and Catherine Weber from Salem Lutheran Church in Tomball to join them on their mission trip to Brownsville, Texas. Our group consisted of Chris Lorenzen; Jay and Mary Mattern […]
SML Giving Tree & CASA de ORACION
A report of our time with Casa de Oracion by SML Board of Director, Sam Martinez. This is set to be published as an upcoming “devoted” article.
REPORT: GIVING TREE / ADVENT CONSPIRACY
A report on our Advent Conspiracy / Giving Tree efforts at St. Mark.
Journal of my daily devotion.
Traditions and Miracles
Notes from my personal devotion for the day.
Take Up Your Cross
Notes from my devotions for the day.
Fear Not What’s Outside but Inside
Journal of my devotion for the day.
SML Joins the FREEDOM CHURCH ALLIANCE
St. Mark Lutheran is now a strategic partner of the Freedom Church Alliance; a group of congregations in the Houston area, dedicated to the abolition of Sex Trafficking.
NEEDS & SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Some Community Needs & Service Opportunities:
Some important upcoming items:
- Follow-Up Meeting for MOST Ministry Leaders – Tuesday, August 22, 7:00 p.m. [<– This is different than originally scheduled!]
- Kevin Pieper from Salem Lutheran Church to speak at SML this Sunday, August 30, following late service. Lunch provided. In the “Parlor” [CR 161] across from the cafeteria.
- “Modern Day Slavery” [A.K.A. “Sex Trafficking”] the Sermon Topic this Sunday, August 30. Activities for children provided as topic is not suitable for them.
THANKSGIVING & PRAISE Report
Some items to THANK and PRAISE the Lord for and to CELEBRATE!
- End of the Fiscal Year Gifts to MAM, LINC Houston, and Elijah Rising’s Kendleton Farms ventue.
- LINC Houston’s Glocal Mission Outreach Event on August 8.
- SML’s 2014 Rummage Sale
Reflections of my time at First Lutheran, Ponca City, OK, this last weekend.
DANIEL’S FIRST DAY as a HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR
Doesn’t he look excited?
An additional picture of Daniel with Ben at the link.
Only For a Niece!
Aren’t my toes pretty?!?
BEN’S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Benjamin James Heitshusen, before his first day of school yesterday for the 2015-2016 school year.